Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mousetrap

I’m sure most of us would have seen a mouse, I’m not taking about the cute adorable mice like Jerry, Micky and Minnie who have been made famous by the erstwhile “Cartoon Network”. When I talk about mice I feel Homo sapiens are more or less like them in many things one of the prime reasons why a mouse gets trapped in a mousetrap is because of “GREED”. The aroma of piece of cake inside the mousetrap is strong enough to cloud senses of the mouse and he is willing to take the risk of getting trapped and possibly embrace death due to the same. Well I guess its time to confess that i have been enticed by a so called cake called “ 2BHK”, if I go back a little in time I realized I was never the one who even thought about property, The first time I remember talking about the same is when I attended a party thrown by my friend of all seasons “PanditJi” because he had become a proud owner of a 3000 SqFt plot which had been allocated to him in a draw of lots, Little did I realize that this night will change the course of my thinking.

It has been many years since that party got over and the race against a 2BHK has still not been won by the likes of myself. Whenever I had some money the price of the property which I liked had skyrocketed. I felt stupid going back the to the same set of property dealers hearing the same superficial stories of people making lakhs if not crores in this great business, there were too many suggestions and too little money for all the great projects. I could feel that I was the one who was running at the slowest pace of all. Every day I call up my greatest friend (whom I think needs to be awarded the “PARAMVEER CHAKRA” because he has successfully managed to buy a great house in Gurgaon the golden city in heart of india) we talk endlessly about what suits me and what doesn’t, from the bottom of our hearts we both acknowledge that this is a vicious circle and there is no need for at least me to jump in the same.

Rather than talking about more serious issues in my life like learning to play a musical instrument, Studying for my MBA, Taking my family for abroad for a vacation I’m ready to plunge myself into a Debt Trap just to satisfy my ego that “ I have made it large” ( I think in the end I will end up looking like the one who gets slapped by people around for trying to make it large.. LOL…check out the royal stage advertisement on youtube for getting to know the concept).

Well no matter what I do this mirage does not seem to leave my sight at all, The more i stare at the same the more determined I become of getting entrapped in this mousetrap, The irony is that I know its not going to do any good either to me or my immediate family even then I try to be a good salesman for my mind and try selling this idea to it.

Anyways i know I’m fighting a losing battle but I guess it can be summed up by the following story I heard in a movie “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.”

I really don’t want to be any mouse but I’ve decided to take a plunge in case I don’t succeed I want you all to write this on my tombstone “ The First MOUSE” :D

6 comments:

  1. I must say, you write very well.
    There were many such mousetraps in Noida as well, the city which was being projected as next bangalore by our so-called dealers who were selling flats at 30+ lacs. But nowadays i dont see even a single dealer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashish Rana: Thanks a lot for your kind words..with the speed with which you are traveling professionally i'm sure the day is not far off when you will join me in the bandwagon of Mice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U My friend ... will alwayz be the FIRST MOUSE ...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous (August 25, 2011 6:51 AM ).. sorry but can you add ur name at the end so that i know who this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just trying to decipher the deeper thoughts that forms the undertone of Ur write-up .. Its not about the " 2 BHK " pigeon hole that u r wanting to talk about ..Its about the human urge to gain that sense of accomplishment.. that comes with an innate sense of fear & caution , yet comes in the embrace of Courage .. The will of the second mouse .. As for the .... HAVE I MADE IT LARGE THING ... ALL I would say I CHEERS ..... :-)))

    DK

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) nicely written and i can totally relate to it. but now i am trapped and feeling terrible. all i would say is - enjoy your freedom bud this world aint no good! but this is also like the proverbial shaadi ka laddoo.. jo khaaye so pachhtaye jo na khaaye so pachhtaye.. good luck!

    ReplyDelete